Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work for our organization. We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
The President/CEO of the Adult Reading Center (ARC) will be responsible for the administration of all operations and programs, as well as the implementation of the strategic plan set forth by the Board of Directors. Administration includes fiscal management, program planning and implementation, personnel direction and supervision, quality control, and public relations. The President/CEO will assume overall responsibility for fiscal management and control, including the development and administration of budgets, acceptable accounting procedures, reports, and fiscal accountability. They will implement programs according to the strategic goals and objectives, funding source requirements and budget limitations, and ensure progress of program growth in accordance of the approved goals. They will provide leadership and direction to the staff and maintain a strong working relationship with the Board of Directors. Other duties may be assigned by the Board.
The President/CEO will serve as the chief spokesperson for the organization and thereby see that the organization is properly presented to the public. Additionally, they will be encouraged to serve regional organizations that benefit the ARC mission.
The Adult Reading Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Phone Calls, please.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Five or more years of experience as a senior manager in non-profit sector or other similar experience.
• Bachelors’ degree.
• Experience with public relations, fiscal management, facilities management, and general team building.
• Evidence of strong leadership experience and the ability to inspire staff and volunteers to achieve results.
• Demonstrated passion and understanding of the adult education and literacy related issues to the mission of Adult Reading Center.
• Proven knowledge of fundraising, grant writing and management, ability to oversee effective grant development and management.
• Ability to speak publicly and communicate effectively with a variety of constituents and stakeholders including elected officials, foundation leaders, Board members, donors, staff, volunteers, and Center visitors.
Please provide a writing sample by answering the following question:
- “How will you lead the Adult Reading Center?”